Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

2015 EB G18 DOUBLES WED.

I wonder and hope that those boys McNally and Small meet each other again; as a tantrum connoisseur, a must see! Haha.

Forgot to mention this: asked coach Maria Brito of Clemson about Eidukonyte's playstyle, said she's like a wall and likely to play WAATC this fall! But can I attend? Let us pray!

Caro's dad shocked me with his change of hat: instead of that leather cowboy hat, is wearing a Ford cap!!!

Fritz and Co. were enjoying soccer: Lahey was quite skilled! Saw her play a couple of days earlier lol.

16 (2) Arconada/Dilorenzo d. Aney/Neel 6-2; 6-2

Man, I thought this match would start late so didn't come to pc 1 and 2, only later went and it was already 5-2 in the 2nd, ugh.  A/N approached the net, but got passed.  Really too bad...but I just had to watch my favorite player Morgan,  after not watching her singles match against Swan lol.

16 Daniell/Higuchi d. Chang/Nakagawa 6-1; 6-3

Finished too fast. Startd way later than Morgan match, but finished quite earlier lol.

16 Dolehide/Shibahara d. Lampl/Lord 7-5; 6-1

Didn't watch. UCLA vs STAN, what for :p   I told Colette's helpmate yesterday that I hoped Caro would go to Michigan! Haha.
Oh Colette came by!

16 Goulak/Miller d. Branstine/McKenzie Wo (inj)

Oh man, I was SO looking forward to this blockbuster, ugh.  Marylynn said Car was injured.

16 (8) Coppoc/Sanford d. Chi/Russo 6-4; 7-6(6)

Russo is rather petite, but serves quite well. And moreover, receives serves inside the baseline, even on 1st. Really interesting player. Checking my photo, rather looks a bit like Denise Starr lol.

What can I say; Morgan~~~!! Haha. SO strong. Didn't falter during those rallies, Chi was the one to commit errors.  Poached well too, and of course; defended so well as usual! Her drives were quite penetrating, too. As I said before: she'll surpass Embree, because she's more offensive-minded.
Alex had some blips, but poached well. R couldn't return Morgan's serves, but as befitting G16 Doubles champ, made lots of nice plays, poaching, etc. Chi couldn't shine as before, because Morgan defended so well.
Thought this match would be epic, considering the abilities of those players: why am I always right, haha.

Forgot to mention that I exchanged smiles with Chi's mom at Pomona! I was driving out, and they were heading to their car. :)

Both Cal. Coaches watched this, and later coach Nilsson of Pepperdine joined in.

16 Failla/Hart d. Lewis/mcnally 4-6; 6-4; 10-8

Just watched a bit of the 1st. I guess So. Cal rules the doubles, as usual! Jess vs Caty duel was rather fierce, lol. I actually was rather hoping L/M would win, since I haven't watched both enough lol.

16 (6) Kelley/Pollner d. Dvorak/Schuck 6-1; 7-6(7)

1st match to start so watched like the 1st 5 games, the winners were too good.  But I guess the losers fought well later.

16 (1) Kenin/Swan d. Jones/Mwaruka 6-0; 6-3

Crt2, had to watch Summer and Morgan, so...~  the winners later came to watch Morgan doubles.

No comments: