Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2017

strategy] how to add more birds to SD list

Remembered I saw female Hooded Merganser today at Tijuana Marsh, that's 159th.

I see that I can add more on passerines;
It being SD, naturally I've concentrated on finding shorebirds. Hence I didn't really pay much attention to passerines.
For example Golden-crowned Sparrow, American Goldfinch and Spotted Towhee, which are common at my hometown lol.  All 3 are found at San Elijo Rios Ave.

If I can bother to drive there and bird Ramona Grassland Preserve, and luck out Rock Wren, Roadrunner, Mountain Bluebird and Zone-tailed Hawk, that would be great.

And that will edge OC list by 2, 166!

Oh yeah, Dusky-capped Flycatcher at nearby SD Botanical Garden; that's a must, should visit there..

No comments: