Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Bird I need to see NOW

White-throated Sparrow. They might migrate at any moment after wintering, so it's of paramount importance right now lol.

A veteran birder mentioned at ebird that it was a good year/winter for WTSP, no kidding. And I missed EVERY one of them! Wilmington Drain, Arboretum...I didn't look for it THAT hard, admittedly, but I do need to intensify my effort further lol.

Also European Wigeon, but it isn't reported at Madrona anymore(I did spot it at Centennial Regional Park but that's at Orange County)? Ugh..

4 species of Vireos, Western Kingbird, Ash-throated Flycatcher, Pacific-slope Flycatcher, Black-headed Grosbeak, Bullock's Oriole(spotted at Thousand Palms but that's at Riverside County) I'll spot them sooner or later especially at Peck Pit(it's their time now!), so no worries.

Those warblers too, Yellow and Wilson's, Hermit and Black-throated Gray. When will I ever see Black-and-white again lol(you know my desperate saga trying to add it to my year-list last year!).

And I do want to see an adult male Northern Cardinal again, after seeing it at Sepulveda in 2015(LA Audubon birdwalk), haven't been able to spot it since.

No comments: