Search This Blog

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Missed Yellow-throated Vireo for tennis today...!

Date: 4/23/17 9:56 am
From: <richardfisher6309...> [LACoBirds] <LACoBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] Yellow throated vireo seen at rocky oaks this am 9:30
After searching and listening all morning, several birders present saw the yellow throated vireo as it came to life and started calling and feeding actively around 9:30 am after being apparently still and silent since sunrise. Seen in same general area as yesterday in oaks east and northeast of parking lot.

------------------------------------
Posted by: <richardfisher6309...>
------------------------------------


<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LACoBirds/


Damn this bird. How could you do this to me. Why did I even drive that far lol. Birded with other veteran birders like Becky Turley from 7:41 till 9 and drove all the way down here. And this bird decided to show up 30 minutes later after I left...unpleasantly was reminded of that Yellow-throated Warbler at Pacific Palisade(did spot that bird last Fall though, thanks to other birders at Earvin Magic Johnson Park)! My lame excuse was that I would spot this bird at Rome...but who knows lol.
I did meet other birders, they were all very nice. Really, birders are the best. So...'civilized', unlike some tennis parents and officials. One car even had this elegant latin phrase on the License Plate cover;

vivere amere discere
ut exerceamus virtutum

Another car boasted 'Orange County Bass Club'!

Again, another case that tennis trumped birding and which it absolutely backfired. There will come a tipping point when birding will take absolute precedence(well I did skip Cal. at USC in 2015 for Pelagic birding. In which Xepoleas defeated Chi and thus clinched the match)...

By the way, do you know this could be my last junior tournament? Won't be there tomorrow, and National, if Baptiste plays I'm not wasting my precious gas and lodging expense to go there. So. Cal Sectional, likewise will skip it, probably Fed Cup at Claremont as well. But we'll see, if Glozman plays I need to watch her more..

No comments: