Search This Blog

Friday, August 11, 2017

2017 National] G16 singles 8/11

Can't afford the ongoing senility lol, misjudged the date and got my car ticketed for parking overnight -_-

 SF (9) Angelica Blake d. Connie Ma 6-2; 6-3

Couldn't watch much but I think B's early hitting certainly helped; helped rob Ma's response timing. Because Ma is also a great mover.

SF (14) Nikki Redelijk d. (4) Sedona Gallagher 6-4; 6-3

Surprise, I said I thought this match could take long. Finished way earlier lol. Couldn't watch really, so can't say. I don't think G's condition was overall that good this tournament, but still an impressive win by R.

 Consolation:

CQ (33) Nikita Vishwase d. (1) Fiona Crawley 3-6; 7-5; 1-0(10)

What did I watch, only TB? C was the bigger hitter, but V certainly moved well, managed to return all those attacks, and could attack rather sharply as well. More solid, and C's errors didn't help.

CQ (12) Reilly Tran d. (33) Maggie Cubitt 7-6(4); 6-3

Location, location. Too bad couldn't watch, only saw the start of the match before heading to Goldsmith vs Stearns match. I deem this an upset.

CQ (3) Emma Navarro d. (33) Jaedan Brown 7-5; 6-1

Couldn't really watch, but once N retrieved B's huge drive with a mere flick of a wrist, that was impressive. I think she won that point.

CQ (17) Alexandra Yepifanova d. (8) Lauren Stein 6-1; 7-5

Y led 3-0 when I left. Y's variety like drop shot, and big hitting certainly troubled Stein. She seemed rather lackluster, didn't even protest to her mom..haha. I see she rallied in the 2nd, too bad couldn't watch. As I said, blame the location, this match was played at court 2.

 QQ (33) Nikita Vishwase d. anna Roggenburk 6-2; 6-0

Only saw a bit, I actually thought R was the bigger hitter.

QQ (12) Reilly Tran d. (17) Kylie Collins 4-6; 6-4; 1-0(8)

Likewise saw a bit. 

QQ (33) Jaedan Brown d. (6) Briana Crowley 1-6; 7-5; 1-0(4)

Location, missed this.

QQ (17) Alexandra Yepifanova d. (33) Carmen Corley 6-0; 6-3

Likewise. Did manage to glimpse now and then, they were exchanging winners lol. That's quite a win though, by Y. 

No comments: