Search This Blog

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Yoo-hoo! Alternate plumage Sabine's Gull at LA river!

When I arrived back bone-tired, one bright news was greeting me; breeding plumage Sabine's Gull was found by Richard Barth at LA river at Clara St.!
It was found two days ago so I was frankly doubtful if I could spot it; after all my first Sabine's Gull(this one a juvenile or basic plumage) at Peck Pit only stayed there for one day(so many other birders went there in vain).

But another birder reported it in the early morning around 7am, so decided to drag my bone-weary ass lol to drive down. And found it promptly!



A stunning bird. If you have to choose between this rare gull(breeding plumage bird inland is QUITE rare here in the West. Most gulls are spotted at sea during pelagic birding) and attending yet more day on a tennis tournament; frankly there's no contest :p

So bone-tired dunno when I'll post yesterday recaps lol. Maybe during today, maybe not..


No comments: